Analyze how one of your standing meetings functions currently. What is working well, and what can be done to improve the structure?
Implement any of the following options:
- Give all meeting attendees ample advance notice.
- Use a standardized agenda with a stated outcome/purpose for the meeting, as well as discussion items.
- Use a systematic approach to making decisions—e.g., voting, or use a consensus model of decision making.
- Assign a note taker and post meeting notes.
- If not, what did happen, and why do you think it happened the way it did?
See Worksheet 3d.A2.